What are benefits of Lemongrass?
The health benefits of lemongrass includes relief from stomach disorders, insomnia, respiratory disorders, fever, aches, infections, rheumatism and edema. The defensive antioxidant activity of the lemongrass herb protects against antibiotic-resistant "Staphylococcus aureus" and helps in maintaining optimum cholesterol levels, cellular health, nervous system, healthy skin and immune system. It is also effective in treating type 2 diabetes, cancer and obesity, while also aiding in detoxification. It is extensively used in aromatherapy and helps to combat fatigue, anxiety and body odor.
Health Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil:
(1) Reduces pain and inflammation in muscles, joints and teeth
(2) Increases quality milk production in lactating mothers
(3) Inhibits microbial and bacterial growth in the body
(4) Has antipyretic properties that helps to bring down high fever
(5) Works as antiseptic for internal and external wounds
(6) Provides relief from excess flatulence
(7) Increase urination and helps clean out the kidneys
(8) Used in deodorant, as it has a lasting power
(9) Effective insect repellant